Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One minute writing....although it's going to be longer than a minute!!!

I've been following this blog called One Minute Writer (http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/) and I usually do the exercises in just a journal or something but since I have nothing to write about today (other than seeing McSteamy! ), I decided to write my response here. Instead of taking one minute, though, I'm just going to write until I'm done. It's my blog and I'll do what I want!

Here's the prompt:
If you had the opportunity to write as a career, what would you write?

I definitely don't think I would be able to make it as a writer. I'm really not as creative as most writers need to be and I'm really bad at the whole "show don't tell" thing. But, if I could get the hang of it and actually make a living out of it, I would really want to just write about my experiences. There are so many times that I come home from work or from being out and will write down what happened that day in my journal and sometimes, I think that other people would enjoy reading it.

I saw a trailer for the new Jim Carey movie Yes Man last night and, since I know it's based on a book of the same title in which the author decides just to say yes to everything for a year and then wrote the book about it, I think that sounds like a great career. You decide to do something, even if it's silly like saying yes to everything or something a little more serious like finding religion, and not only do you get to experience it, but you get paid to write about it. That's the kind of writing I really enjoy and think that, if I were to be a writer for a living, would be the kind of writing I would really enjoy doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kimmi! I loved reading all your posts, but especially this one. I was on the floor laughing. I loved the detailed description of your trip down there. I can't believe grandpa won upwards!! He never wins. I actually usually win if I am there.;) Ha ha.
Actually, grandma taught me to play when I was really young. It's my favorite game. I always try to get D to play with me.
Anyway, I love blog..it's in my favorites and I will make sure to keep an eye on it. I will also keep my eyes and hears open for opps for you. I have not yet looked at your resume, to be perfectly honest, I figured Derek would do a good job. I will take a look this week though. I have been feeling under the weather. Looking at resumes is work! Ha ha. So, need to feel motivated.
Hopefully, something will come up soon.
xoxo