Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A social life! (or something like it)

It's amazing. When I actually put forth the effort and was insistent on getting people together, and had no expectations on the level of fun we would have, it was a blast!

Alec and I decided to got
to $1 Taco on Monday night, which I haven't been to in a very long time. It was actually more me constantly badgering him into it and him finally giving in because he knew I would never leave him alone about it, but hey, going out is going out. I invited Chad and Coach because they are really cool people I work with and want to get to know them more outside of Hell otherwise known at Starbucks. Chad joined us and Coach flaked because she had to work early in the morning, which all of us can understand.

The three of us get to Barragan's and I, of course, am dying for a margarita and the boys split a pitcher of beer. I was the only one eating but that never stops me and I got my $1 tacos, that are shitty if they cost any more than a buck, but I can deal with crap food for cheap. And the margaritas are AWESOME, so I deal. After 2 margaritas and the pitcher, we decide to go to Timmy Nolan's and continue the fun.

We all split a pitcher and have the best waiter EVER! His name was Steve and he was from Indiana. He was one of those waiters who had a rough night and sat down with us every chance he got. He gave me a link to something on YouTube that I promptly lost, but it was still cool. He ended up picking up our last pitcher, which always makes me happy.

Chad, Alec and I, for some weird reason, get along really great. We are all so different, yet when we started talking, we found that there were a lot of things we could talk about and learn from each other. Alec is from Virginia and a conservative (at least by my standards) background, but he is well-read and a lot of fun. Chad is from Burbank and has never left, but is not a stuck in it as I would have originally thought. Growing older, I find that it's harder to connect with new people and really get to know them, but it's amazing what a couple of pitchers of Hef will do! :)

We ended up calling another guy we work with, Michael, who is even more different than all of us, but he is so great and fun! He is a gay guy from Orange County who has so much energy and is so full of life, it's contagious!


The four of us then headed over to the local 24 hour diner, Coral. I find that Coral is only good in the hours between 12 and 4 am, especially so when you're buzzed. We stayed there until almost 3 am, just sitting in the booth talking.

Overall, the night was not one that is going in the record books as a crazy night or one that was extraordinary, but it was just fun to be out chilling with new people. Even if we weren't drinking, I think it would have been a ton of fun. At the same time, I don't want to put too much pressure or think too much of my new friendships. I feel like every time I get excited to be hanging out with people, it ends up being nothing more than just one night of fun. But, if that's all this was and the four of us don't ever hang out again, at least I had one good night of living!

No comments: